Reading Time: 2 minutes
If you have an approved account, you can add a link without any criteria. If you’re reading this, you’re wondering how to add link to Instagram Story.
You need two things.
You’ve seen it on Instagram recently; stories have the option of swipe up to the website.
Unfortunately, not all Instagram users can benefit from the add website feature.
How to Switch to Business Account?
In the Profile section, click on the settings icon and click on switch up to a business profile to switch to the business profile.
It may be necessary to specify a facebook page when switching to a business profile.
You can continue your process by setting up any page on Facebook.
Although Instagram is increasing its popularity day by day, it is one of the most challenging applications to redirect to another site.
There are only three options on Instagram to redirect to your website (news, blog, e-commerce):
- The first is to add a website link in your biography section.
- The other is to add a link to the Instagram Story.
- The last alternative is to add a link to the description section of IGTV videos; you can redirect to another site.
In this guide, you will learn how to add a link to Instagram Story and what are the requirements to do so.
What Are the Requirements for Swipe Up Feature?
As mentioned here, users will be able to visit your link by acting to swipe up your share.
- To add link to Instagram Stories, you must first have passed at least 10,000 followers.
- If you have an account with less than 10,000 followers, unfortunately, you will not be able to add links.
- Those with less than 10,000 followers can only add links to IGTV videos.
- A verified account has the right to add links to its story, even if it has less than 10k followers.
How to Add Link to an Instagram Story?
If your Instagram account is a business profile account and has at least 10,000 followers, you’re good.
If you’ve taken the necessary action, you’ll know the feature’s active when a link icon is added to the top right corner of the story page.
You can add a YouTube video link, Facebook link, or website link to your story by following these steps step by step.
- First, create a story.
- Click the link icon in the upper right corner of the screen where you add positions, tags, and text to the story.
- Enter the link you want to go to.
- Share it on Instagram Stories; that’s all.
In this article, we discussed with you how to add a link to Instagram Stories.
Currently, only the business profiles, people with at least 10,000 followers and verified users can use this feature.
Nobody knows what will happen in the future.